LIBRARY AS A LEARNING RESOURCE
The Institution has a well organised library with adequate numbers of Text and Reference Books, Law and Non-Law Journals, Magazines, Back Volumes, e-Books, e-Journals, Encyclopaedias, News- Papers and Educational CD resources.
The books including the E-Resources like Manupatra online legal database, N-List Journals available in the library are sufficient to meet the demands from the students for their academics as well as for the enhancement of other skills like Communications, Advocacy, Personality Development traits.
The library housekeeping services are automated in 2004 through easy-lib and updated with e-Lib professional software with web version 16.2 in 2019. This software helps in providing uninterrupted library services through its dynamic modules such as, Bar Coded Circulation, Catalogue/accessioning, Membership Management, Stock verification, Periodicals and Reports.
The New Arrivals of books will be displayed in the Library Notice Board, WhatsApp groups of staff and students. The students are given two books at one slot on the library cards which can be renewed at every fortnight. During examinations on request by the students, additional books will be issued.
Monday to Friday
(10.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.)
(10.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.)
FACILITIES PROVIDED IN THE LIBRARY
- A Digital Library facility is provided to the students and members of staff of the college.
- User friendly Library software (e-Lib software) is used for all the operations of the Library.
- Each student is provided with one identity card and Borrower’s card. Books are issued on Borrower’s card and identity card.
- The Librarian ensures the purchasing of current tittles in consultation with Principal & staff. Suggestions from the students also taken in to consideration in purchase of books.
- All new arrivals are displayed at the entrance hall of the Library.
- Books for special purpose exhibited on the importance days and occasions of the year.
- The Library provides the services like circulation, Bibliographic Compilations, Reference and career guidance.
RULES OF LIBRARY
- Student identity cards is compulsory to avail the services of the library.
- Users are requested to avoid conversation and discussion that will disturb other readers.
- Library hall is meant for individuals study only.
- Users should not disturb the arrangement of furniture.
- Use of cell phone is strictly prohibited in the library.
- Library users are requested to not to reshelf the materials (Books, Journals etc.) the library staff will do it for you.
- Books and bound volumes should be handled with care.
- Defects found in the books and bound volume should not be folded to serve as book marks.
- Disfiguring and marking the pages of library books with inks or pencil is prohibited.
OVER DUES / FINES Overdue books are charges with Rs. 1 per day.
- Users are charges with 5 times of the cost of the Book / Material which is lost by them.
- Reference Material issued if not returned before stipulated time, charges with the fine of Rs. 5/- per day.
- Duplicate borrower cards can be obtained paying the fine of Rs. 50/-
- Users can borrow Text Book for 8 working days. After due date user should renew the books in person.
- Reference books, journals, Magazines reporters and Bound Volumes are only reference in the library.